Engineering is a core part of who we are. We are on a mission to build an incredible product for merchants and save them billions. We are looking for a full-stack developer. They must have an entrepreneurial spirit and be ready to work hard to build and scale our high-scale platform, and our growing engineering team. It’s an opportunity to work on a fresh code base and design a team and a culture that is ready to go global. If this sounds like you, keep reading
Leadership Policy: We are all working together to change the world and save billions of $. Keeping with this, everybody within Disputify (no matter their position) is empowered to play their equal part in making this huge vision happen. We value a high level of individual autonomy along with involvement in key decisions that help shape our world-changing product.
Build and manage the Disputify product - including the development of effective, scalable and reusable front and back-end systems
• Work with your product manager to plan and build necessary product iterations
• Identify and solve complex problems
• Identify, document and communicate best practices
• Build internal tools that will help our team work better
• Work closely with the CEO and other members of the team
• Become an active part of the decisions around product direction
• Work with large amounts of data
• Work with a senior team of capable exectutors!
*we recommend you send us a portfolio of your work (github link etc)
*experience in payments processing is highly favoured
Technology Stack & Ways of Working
• Ruby (we use 1.7.1)
• Rails (we use rails 6)
• PostgreSQL (we use 10)
• Agile Methodology
• RESTful APIs
• Experience with A/B testing and data-driven methods
• Understanding of scalability bottlenecks in Rails applications
• HTML + CSS (we use Tailwind CSS)
• Full Jira ticketing System with clear and concise tickets (well implemented)
• Have years of experience (and love) working with Ruby on Rails
• Be able to self manage, stick to deadlines and juggle a few 'project balls' in the air
• Be interested in big data and machine learning
• Be Looking to grow and learn
• Be involved in an early stage tech startup (grow with the company)
• Build your own engineering team over the next year (Lead, train and grow A-grade talent)
• Cool office setup in Brisbane and work-from-home privileges
• Very flexible working hours - we only care about output
• Incredible company culture - Tight team, No big egos
• High level of autonomy
'• Silicon Valley approach' to things
• Potential equity
• Great pay
We are a family first company - We are committed to ensuring a healthy work life balance and encourage flexibility to ensure you can be there to support your family!
Ready to help us change the eCommerce industry?
If this role sounds like a good fit, we would love for you to apply below.