This is a hands-on, fully-remote programming position. You’ll be working on eCommerce platforms and CMSes like Magento, Shopify and WooCommerce. The core technologies you’ll be working with are PHP, HTML, CSS, and JS.
Our projects are generally focused around making large, material changes to our clients’ sites or designing and developing new sites from the ground up. You'll work closely with client stakeholders, our project managers, and our other developers to design, develop and deploy features and updates that best serve our clients and their customers.
We have quite a bit of work booked for the next few months, so an ideal applicant will be ready to hit the ground running. Despite the amount of work we have, I strive to minimize context switching—if you’re on a project, you shouldn’t expect to be bombarded with unrelated tweaks on other projects here and there.
We're a small but quickly growing agency. As one of the early hires, there is opportunity for this to be a high impact position. An appropriately ambitious individual will have huge opportunity to lay the groundwork of the company's future.
When you start, this is what you can expect to work on.
• Full Magento, Shopify, or WooCommerce site development
• Design architecture, then implement features for existing eCommerce stores
• Implement designs in CSS/HTML/JS
• Configure Magento-related middleware services, Redis, Memcached, Varnish, Solr, etc.
• Integrate with 3rd party APIs
These are the must haves. Basically: be a web developer!
• 3–5+ years of industry experience
• Hands-on programming experience with Magento, Shopify or WooCommerce
• Proficient in HTML, CSS, and JS
• Git experience
• Understand the web—REST, HTTP verbs, basic HTTP status codes, etc.
• Familiarity with the Unix command line
If you fulfill the above and have experience with a few of the below, definitely get in touch.
• Hands-on programming experience with all three of the core eCommerce platforms we support
• Enterprise software development
• Strong UX/UI chops
• Deep understanding building complex database queries, particularly MySQL
• Experience setting up and configuring Apache
• Opinionated about design—visual and code
• A portfolio of personal projects (not necessarily code related)