What you’ll do
• Help design and build a performant, scalable and fault-tolerant communication platform.
• Team with engineers to solve system design and implementation problems (and get a thrill out of every triumph!).
• Work with and enable engineers from other teams who interact with the platform.
• Problem-solve issues based on business/customer need and impact, working with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Teach others: One of the most meaningful tasks of a Senior Engineer is improving the knowledge level of the team members.
• You will flourish working in a hyper-growth environment where the next project is ready to be picked up.
What you’ll bring
• At least 5 years of relevant software development experience
• Strong experience in Golang is a must
• Strong experience working with relational databases and non-relational data stores (like MySQL, Cassandra & Redis).
• Experience with Docker, Containers and Kubernetes.
• Practical and theoretical knowledge of development patterns, software architectures and design patterns (TDD, Event-Driven, SOLID, Hexagonal, DDD).
• Knowledge of (cloud) infrastructure principles (load balancing, high availability, containerized services, database configurations) is a bonus.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Ability of teaching others and helping them grow.
Psst… some added perks
• The ability to Work Anywhere — literally anywhere you want, as long as it’s in the same time zone as your team (yup… you read that right!). This comes with the added benefit of finding the right work-life balance for you by following our 80/20 rule.
• WFH office set-up allowance to make sure you have all you need to “get shit done” in an ergonomically-friendly manner.
• Top-notch work equipment (including Bose headphones!).
• MessageBird swag to keep you well-dressed.
• The occasional (virtual) company-wide and team events.
• A team of (fast-)forward-thinking, talented and fun colleagues from more than 50 countries!
MessageBird is an equal opportunity employer. If you think you’re a match for this role and can bring some great skills to the MessageBird team, please apply! We’re excited to get to know you.