Are you passionate about building tools that have an immediate impact on your customers? Do you have a thirst for breaking down complex, interesting initiatives into scalable code? Do you thrive when you're contributing to a high-performing, humble team? Do you love walking home from work knowing that you empowered other developers, delivered value to your customers, and got to work on some gnarly code — all in the same day?
Amazing, then you’re the type of person we’re looking for!
At Jungle Scout, we are on a mission to empower entrepreneurs to be successful Amazon sellers. We work hard, keep it real and do it all for our customers by providing industry-leading tools, education and content.
We’re growing and we are looking to add a Principal Software Engineer - Architect to our fast-paced and customer-oriented Engineering team.
Where would this person be located? Great question! We’re a remote-first company and hope to hire this Principal Architect anywhere between the ET - PT time zones.
Interested in learning more? Let’s get into the details:
What you will be doing:
• Execute. You will be the technical leader of one of our groups of sprint teams. You will help teams navigate technical problems and be the stalemate breaker when a decision can’t be made.
• Plan. You will work with product managers and team leads to play an active part in defining the roadmap and scoping features.
• Mentor. You will have frequent conversations with members of your group and proactive seek out opportunities to help develop their careers.
• Make recommendations. You will actively contribute to decisions around technologies to be used for new applications and improvements on existing applications
• Scale, maintain, and improve. As we continue to grow, you’ll anticipate challenges before they happen by maintaining existing codebases and system infrastructures, as well as enhancing the development, staging and production environments of our applications.
• Participate and contribute. You’ll have an active hand in code reviews, as well as pairing on tasks. You’ll also provide input for ongoing improvement of engineering practices and procedures.
If you are thinking “heck yeah!”, please read on….
Who you are:
• Technical people-person. You’re used to communicating technical details to non-technical coworkers as well as soliciting requirements and feedback to help you architect the most effective solution. You also love mentoring your team and working with both individual contributors and other leaders to pool your expertise and disseminate it to the rest of the department.
• Master classer. We’re looking for someone with a history of crushing their goals, a passion for high quality, effective solutions, and a strong desire to level up the entire team.
• Heavy toolbelt. You know your way around a web application -- how to build clean, complex, scalable APIs and how best to consume them on the client. You’ve worked on some legacy systems and built others from scratch, making all the mistakes along the way, and now you back up your decisions with a wealth of experience and context. You understand how your tools work in detail, knows when (and when not) to use them, and can show your team a thing or two.
• Technical leader. You will provide the technical vision and direction of the company, lead discussions that might constrain or broaden future architectural choices.